Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I am married to a Master

This last Sunday we had Gary's graduation for his Masters of Education. It has been a lot of work and I am beyond proud of him. He has worked hard for this moment, and I was happy to go through the journey with him!

Maylee riding in style
Gary's family came down from Utah(another post to come) to be here for his graduation.

And yes Aiden made about a thousand paper plate faces, so every time I took a picture. Another mask would come up!

The proud family

And of course the graduate!

It was quite a crazy day. Gary's graduation was held on a Sunday. It was held at the Balley's Hotel and Casino. Mom's point of view it was LONG!! I realized I am very grateful for my husband and his help. Trying to keep three kids quite for 2 hours was well impossible at times. Mostly when you add in they were in crazy moods!! And then as they finally came to announce the graduates, the part that I had been waiting for, for the past two years. Katelynn looks up and says, "MOM I have to go to the bathroom!" I have to say I was a crushed I am going to miss my husband's graduation!! We ran to the bathroom and luckily made it back just in time to watch Gary get his diploma. I am proud of Gary this is a huge accomplishment!

To better understand the title, at the end of the graduation. Aiden ran up to Gary and said, "Are you a Master now Dad?"

which brings me to Day 13

I am thankful for a wonderful husband! He is the perfect match for me and my kids. Gary is such a hard worker. When Gary and I first got married he worked full time a graveyard shift and then would go to school all day, sometimes getting under a hour of sleep to work off of. And now that I stay home Gary's works two jobs and somewhere in the middle of that is/was also getting his master's degree AND made straight As. He worked hard, and studied and worked on assignment when ever he had time.

A few other things I love about my husband
-great listener
-great talker :O
-supports me in everything
-holds the priesthood and uses it!
-helps out around the house
-a great father
-a great example
-a great man
- he serves
- And he loves ME!

I love this man and am grateful to be married to him!

Aiden has been on a new kick lately. In Aiden's eyes Gary is the BIGGEST and STRONGEST guy in the world!! We went to the air show, "My dad is bigger then those jets!" He talks about it all the time.

Thanks for being a great husband and father Gary!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Gary! I'm happy for your whole family Korina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so great. Its awesome that Aiden looks up to him that way. Congratulations to all of you. Thats a lot of work to raise a family and get schooling done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool. I'm glad you survived the 2 hours... Seems to be Touro's common theme! I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete