This is one post to blend two together. I am terrible about keeping a journal. So 90 percent of the time this acts as my and my families journal. This last Sunday I taught my first time to my peers at church. The Relief Society Presidency Co taught. We all took a portion of the talk that President Monson spoke on at the General Relief Society Meeting "Charity Never Faileth." Here is a link to the talk it http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-1298-39,00.html. It is a great talk, and I recommend everyone read it. I wasn't due to teach until January, which I was already getting nervous about, when Bishop asked Patti for us to teach at the 5th Sunday meeting. I had a huge pit in my stomach. Not only teach the sisters, but also the priesthood. AH!! As the week went by I actually wasn't nervous until I sat down in front of everyone. The stress took over and the pit in my stomach was back! Patti, knowing I was scared to death, gave me the best part, right in the middle. She was able to have the Spirit enter the room and Jackie was able to close. Jackie always brings the Spirit. It went and I lived!!! It must have been okay, I have not been released YET!! :P
Which brings me to Day 3. I am thankful for my calling!
I have now been serving as Relief Society 2nd Counselor for just about 3 months. WOW, I can't believe it has already been that long. I must admit, I never thought I would be in a Relief Society calling, but when Bishop asked me, it just felt right and good. I have enjoyed every minute of this calling. The calling has has made me learn so much, and be thankful for my life. I LOVE the sisters that I get to work with.
Patti L is a true example of Charity. She is always over at a fellow sister's house checking on her or delivering a sweet treat. Including Me! Her heart and mind is always in the calling. She truly loves her calling and it shows. I have loved getting to know her and becoming such great friends!
Jackie H actually has two jobs, one being she writes church music. She is amazing and her music is beautiful. If there is opportunity for music, you know that one of Jackie's pieces will be amazing! She is such a sweet and hardworking sister.
Christy L is a talented sister she makes beautiful quilts. She has also started running with us and is planning on doing the half marathon with them ( i will be cheering)! She is one of those stress-less people, I know the opposite of me. She is always "OH WELL!" Which I think is great for our group, letting us know that everything does not have to be perfect!
When I first got the calling I had a feeling of inadequacy and still I look around the room on Sundays and see all these amazing sister that I still have so much to learn from. I have enjoyed getting to know the sisters and know that I am learning so much each and every day!
P.S. My Day 4 thankful maybe doing a month of thankfulness because it sure is a good excuse not to or delaying cleaning my house!! HA
1 week ago










That was sweet.
ReplyDelete