I never complain about our insurance. Growing up I never had insurance and even though we pay plenty for our insurance I am still very grateful for it.
-About a week ago I got a letter from Quest Diagnosis saying they needed some information. I did not think much of it, we rarely get our blood drawn so no big deal. Filled the paperwork out mailed it back.
-This Saturday I went to get my prescription filled for Zofran. This is the drug that keeps me from throwing up and makes me feel normal and a happy Korina while pregnant!! While leaving the drug store I got a phone call saying that my insurance was not going to fill it till the 22nd. After some talking and they said they called my insurance. They said it would be ready the following morning. After a very long night of really feeling pregnant, I was looking forward to getting my medicine. I woke up still feeling like crud. Gary ran to pick up the prescription where they said your insurance said they will no longer be covering this prescription. Gary came home and told me. At first I took it well, then the tears started. The thought of having to spend the rest of my pregnancy feeling pregnant was not what I wanted! I pushed these thoughts out of my mind thinking Dr. Paul will take care of it! My insurance during every pregnancy decides Zofran is to expensive and usually stops, then Dr. Paul calls straightens things out and it all works out. So not much thinking.
-Monday I checked the mail to get a 495.00 bill for Maylee from Maylee's doctor! Reason on bill for payment insurance denying benefits! I knew now something must be wrong with our wonderful insurance.
We had NOT got a letter, email nothing and oh yes they are still taking the money out of Gary's check. I called to come to find out they wanted to make sure they are the only insurance we have. So we had to print off the paperwork and MAIL it to them. Which will take a few days then it takes them up to 48hours to input it into their system, before our benefits are back! So hopefully by Monday I will have my medicine. So there is my complaint! UGH!!
1 week ago










Gotta love insurance. Sorry you have to deal with this and be pregnant and sick at the same time. If I can do something let me know.
ReplyDeleteOh geez! I am so sorry that you are feeling so yucky without your medicine. I can't believe your insurance did that! I mean I've always heard such good things about the insurance CCSD provides! I ALWAYS have problems with our insurance too! Yuck!
ReplyDelete