Monday, December 6, 2010

day 6- favorite super hero and why

When I first read this idea on Sarah's blog. When I saw Super Hero I was like great. I guess I may be a realistic, I never had crushes on Movie Stars growing up. I guess I lack in imagination. I do know of quite a few married to the man, who has batman, spiderman, and Fantastic Four movies. And having a 4 year old that lives a superhero life. I thought at first Our Savior! Perfect but then I read number 7 and I rather put that answer there.

My thoughts on my superhero

For the first time probably since Aiden was born I went to church by myself yesterday. Katelynn was recovery from a sore throat and Aiden threw up the night before and I wanted him to go 24 hours without throwing up before going out in public. And Maylee was napping!

First two YM age boys got up a bared their testimonies I automatically thought of their mother. And thought what does it take to raise two good boys, that want to share their testimony. Could she be a superhero for raising righteous children? Not being raised in the church I hope and pray nightly that we will have righteous children. When I see YM or YW that are extraordinary I almost want to ask the MOM HOW?!!

Then the Man who got up and talked about how grateful he was to get a job. He was grateful for this job because now he has the ability to pay his tithing. Paying our tithing is something I guess I take it for grated. Does that make this man a hero, to rise out of his low with his head held high learning a lesson from this all?

Then the other Man who does not attend church regularly not because he doesn't want to. But because of his health. But every fast Sunday that he is there, he slowly makes it to the podium to bare his testimony of the truth of the gospel. Does that make him a superhero?

Or the Sister in the ward that cares for the sister past exhaustion but continues to care and pray for each sister. Is she a superhero?

The two sisters who taught yesterday. To get up in front of your peers and teach and inspire. This is one of my greatest fears. So they are superhero in my eyes?

Or the Friend who is always there to listen or to console with during your lows of lows? Superhero?

Or the Crazy ladies that our able to get pass the pain and flopping of their tummies and continues to workout till the baby comes. Superhero?

Or the people who serves at all times. Superhero?

The Husband who works all day and comes homes to help his wife with the kids. Superhero?

The people who reach and defeat their goals or trials they may be facing. Superhero?

I could go on, but my question is what makes a SUPERHERO? Does it have to be someone flying through the sky or can it be the person across the street?

3 comments: