Sunday, May 16, 2010

Kindergarten Blues


Lately I have been really thinking about Katleynn's last day of school. At first I was so excited to have her out of school and home, not to have to worry about having everyone everywhere. This week I have realized I am really the one that is going to miss Kindergarten!


We were driving in the car the other day. The kids were kind of cranky and I thought "Well, we left the house at 8:25am, and we were barely getting home at 3:45pm." No wonder they were going crazy. They had been busy all day, but then I thought about next year and how that will be Katelynn's schedule. She will be gone all day long! I am going to miss my girl.


I love Katleynn's teacher. Is it pitiful to say that I am going to miss Katelynn's teacher? She has taught Katelynn so much, and is just a wonderful teacher. I think I also have a fear that her first grade teacher won't be as great. Katelynn is very timid at school and her teacher tries her hardest to get Katelynn out of her bubble and be more outgoing.


I will miss car pooling! I have enjoyed getting to know the Little Merback's better. It is so nice not having to have my kids all ready and out the door that early in the morning.


The realization that my daughter is growing up! I will have a 1st grader! WOW!! She is growing up so quickly.


Katelynn again being timid. When the year started, she hung out with the teachers. Now, when I drive by, she is playing,running around, and going crazy just like the rest of the kids.
SO, AM I CRAZY???? I have been thinking about this a lot lately. Is this normal!?????



If you are wondering what Katelynn's view is on the end of her Kindergarten year, I don't think she totally understands that it will really be ending. I ask her, "Are you going to miss your teacher?" Her answer "Yeah" and everyday I hear,"MOM, I need just a few more days off." I think she may have kinderitis! :) I know about a week after school ends, she will be asking when she can go back!



3 comments:

  1. I feel the exact same way. I can't believe I will have a first grader!!! What will I do with him gone all day? AHHHH! As for the carpooling, that doesn't have to stop. I don't think I could start my day with out our quick chats as we buckle the kids in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say,once it happens you're gonna love it. By the end of the summer you're gonna be SO ready to be rid of her all day. When Matt went into first I thought I'd miss him and I did, but I was also grateful I didn't have to pick him up till the end of the school day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy- "The first grade/kindergarten ends Blues" strikes everyone, especially when your youngest is the one moving on. I can't believe both my daughters will be full time students soon. Guess Julie will just have to commit to more PTA! lol

    ReplyDelete