Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fall Risk

I have decided to break the birthing experience of Dallin into a few blogs for the fact that I do not have time to set for that long and I don't want to put anyone to sleep!!





Life is always exciting and never seems to go as planned and Dallin's birthday followed in the same path! The kids spent the night at my sisters house the night before. Gary and I woke up at 4:15am to be at the hospital at 5:30am. I had Gary take one last pregnancy picture of me before we headed out the door!


We got to the hospital where we were the first people they had seen since 1am. So three nurses came in to take care of me and get me all hooked up. They had me lay on my back to get the heart beat and to get the IV started. They asked how I was feeling and I said, "I am getting light headed." All I heard was that is normal. And I was gone............. Before I knew I had a nurse holding oxygen up to my nose and another one saying the heartbeat is in the 40s. I finally came to and I guess I passed out. Gary said it was like the Incredible Hulk all of sudden (remember a nurse is trying to put a needle in my arm.) I flung both my arms up where they had to hold me down so that I would not pull the needle out then I just feel back and I was OUT!! And this is when I got new wristband that was bright yellow that read FALL RISK! The rest of the morning went as planned and really went a lot faster then last time. Probably because I knew what was coming and what to expect. Even though I woke the nurses up that morning I could not have asked for a better set of nurses they were all so nice. Going to the hospital is never fun and the nurses were just great and so nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment