I have been delaying writing this blog, just for the fact that I knew I would be tearing up while writing it. But since this blog acts as our family journal. I think it should be in here!! I was called on February 28th to Young Women President.
I am replacing a wonderful person Ashlee. She truly loved these girls and loved her calling and it showed in her work. Anytime anyone talks to me about my new calling they say "You have some big shoes to fill!" All I think is YES YES I do!! I feel like it would be like putting Maylee's foot in Gary's shoe...... But she has been great I have called to ask questions from "WHAT AM I DOING!!??" to "How do you know what candy bar to buy?
"
"
I am blessed to be able to work with some awesome sisters. So specials thanks to Hilary, Amanda, Kim, Marlene, Manny & and soon we will have our laurel advisor. But already only being called for 3 weeks, I have probably emailed Hilary and Amanda Oh billion times or so!! They are great sisters that I am excited and grateful to get to work with them. Also to learn from them. They have already helped me so much. They are great!!!!
Now our girls! We truly have great strong young women. I have been so impressed with there attitudes. There our no groups everyone is kind to everyone. They choose to follow the Lord's Path. They are great girls and I know that I will learn so much from them.
I am not going to lie. I am just about scared to death about my new calling. I have a lot to work on and knowledge that I will have to continue to study and ask questions. Not only that but to be a great example for these Young Women and to make sure they know that there Heavenly Father loves them, that this is the ONLY true church, to pray for them, to love them, to show them by living and following the Lord's Path they will truly be blessed. Also to remember that the Lord has called me to serve Young Women and just because it is good for me does not mean it is good for the girls. I am very excited to serve with such great women and great girls.
Now our girls! We truly have great strong young women. I have been so impressed with there attitudes. There our no groups everyone is kind to everyone. They choose to follow the Lord's Path. They are great girls and I know that I will learn so much from them.
I am not going to lie. I am just about scared to death about my new calling. I have a lot to work on and knowledge that I will have to continue to study and ask questions. Not only that but to be a great example for these Young Women and to make sure they know that there Heavenly Father loves them, that this is the ONLY true church, to pray for them, to love them, to show them by living and following the Lord's Path they will truly be blessed. Also to remember that the Lord has called me to serve Young Women and just because it is good for me does not mean it is good for the girls. I am very excited to serve with such great women and great girls.
Another challenge that I am having is my kids!! Gary does not get home till 7:30pm mutual starts at 7pm. I have to rely on others to help me with my kids. I hate asking people to take time away from their families to watch my kid. I am truly grateful for everyone that has helped me and will help me with my kids. It is great knowing that my kids are safe and having fun while I am at Young Women's. So thank you for everyone who has helped me!!










Girl your kids are a breeze! Logan loved having Aiden here last night. It is no problem to watch them. You're gonna be a great leader and those girls will learn to love you as much as they love Ashlee. Transition like this is always hard, especially when a leader is left in as long as Ashlee was, but it is good for the girls to experience new people and new testamonies. Enjoy it and don't feel guilty asking for help. We are all family and if you can't rely on family, who are you gonna rely on.
ReplyDeleteBig shoes, Ha, those shoes are going to be quickly forgotten. The girls and leaders will all adore you. You are an incredible woman with a great testimony and the necessary gifts to do this calling. The girls will be truly blessed. It was long overdue for the girls to have a new leader to be an example to them. You are one of the few, very few, that I would have trusted to hand my girls over to. You will do great. You will change lives. And in the process, I promise your life will be changed as well. It is a TON of work, but it really is worth it. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteP.S. In about a week, if you need someone to take your kiddos add me to the list!