Monday, September 13, 2010

The truth about having a girl.

I love having daughters. When I started having kids all I wanted was a cute girl. And as everyone can see I have had two sweet cute little girls. And everyone has warned girls learn early. You need to have the talk. Girls will start asking questions? And so on and so on. And I just continue to think whatever not my girls.

Today we were driving home from the library and
Katelynn says,"Mom when we get home I need to talk to you?"
Mom says, "Okay whatever, but just tell me now, before you forget."
Katelynn " Mom I can't talk about it in the car. Its a secret and I don't want Aiden to hear."

So my mind starts racing did she get in trouble! Whats going on

Katelynn- "Mom so when we get home send Aiden upstairs and we will set at the table and have a girl talk."

I am thinking what is going on!! Is she going to ask me about something I really am not ready to talk about with my first grader?? Is she going to want to shave or a bra! Like really WHAT!!!

We get home. I told Aiden go upstairs so she comes in the room.

Katelynn-"Mom set down."

She pulls out a box of food out the pantry and tells me about Box Top for kids!!!!

REALLY!!!!! This was it and yes it was just that! Not sure why it had to be top secret!! But it was I guess I will be thankful for that "girl talk" before I know it, it will be way deeper.

Katelynn hormones have started all of sudden she just starts crying and I will ask whats wrong sweetie. With more tears then ever "I just don't know Mom sometimes I just do and can't stop."

I love my girls, but really I am not prepared for anything that has to do with any "talk!"

1 comment:

  1. I just have to comment. Its just too funny. And just so you know its just as uncomfortable and weird as you forsee it to be. I have had 2 with Dana. Glad for the most part its over but I'm sure in the future there will be more questions.

    ReplyDelete