- First I love Katelynn's teacher she really has gone out of way to help Katelynn continue to come out of her shell. And if there is a issue she takes care of immediately!
- Katelynn loves her elective on Friday. Green Crafts for girls, so has a great teacher she really enjoys!
- Grading?? The grading at Katelynn's school puzzles me. They grade on a System 1-4
1-emerging, 2-Approaching ,3 meets Standards, 4-exceeds standards. At first I thought great they always being pushed. But I am totally lost if Katelynn takes a test and gets 10/10 which means everything right. She gets a 3 for meeting Standards. If she misses one questions then she gets a 2. I really just do not understand how she gets a 4. At first I thought well maybe because its a first grade worksheet so she should know everything, but with all the first graders getting the same work, how to they ever get a 4?? Friday she gets a progress report and I am hoping it clarifies it for me. - Drop-off Luckily one of my friends takes Katelynn to school. But the 2 times I have had to break down!! It was awful. Then my dad took her one time and she cried. It is not fun to say the least. So now I have a back up plan and a back up back up plan. I will never take my daughter to school again!
- Time! I am getting used to her schedule, but she is not. I understand she doesn't get home till 4pm then has like 20min. for down time. Then homework, by the time she finishes homework I am cooking dinner. She eats, scripture study, baths & bedtime. That is Katelynn's week. Not to mention everytime she gets in the car I grill her with her Math facts.
- Crazy First Graders- I am not saying Katelynn is perfect. But man do they have some crazy first graders. Katelynn class has had to have lunch detention a few times, which does not make Katelynn very happy. I have heard a rumor that they are getting a new first grade teacher. So maybe things will calm down.
- Food- Katelynn loves eating school lunches, she thinks it is the best thing ever. Makes me rethink my cooking. She also loves the snack shack.
- Katelynn comes singing all her new little cheers her teacher has taught her so cute. She did come home disco dancing! It was so funny, I was like where did you learn those moves, my teacher. It was so cute. I really have loved her teacher.
I realize by the time our last child gets into school none of the above will even concern me. One month down 8 more to go!










I understand about the grading system. Clovis is almost as bad. But ours is B, NP, and P. Beginning, Near Prefection, Prefection. It's very confusing. The lunch sounds about the same. Zach eats everything, most of the time. But here in Clovis, the kids can't talk at all. It's like being in the militry, it's very fustrating, when you can't talk, but don't have your friends in the same class. I hope school gets better for her, and you both.
ReplyDelete