Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Young Women Story

Tonight was one of those nights where I was feeling guilty about my calling. I am a control freak, so I want to control everything and everyone. When things don't go well with the Young Women, then I automatically think, "What am I doing wrong?" I love these girls and I want them to have the best! Gary got home late from work which made me late for mutual. I want the girls to be on time and I am not even on time. GREAT EXAMPLE!! As the night was ending, we were waiting for rides and one of our parents pulls up. This particular Young Women is not a member of the church. I had to run to the car to talk to her parents about how since she is not a member, in order to go to Girls Camp, she has to go to Church 3 times before camp. The Mom says,"Really." Now it is not the Really you are thinking about. It was the "Really!" with excitement, with almost a glow. The Mom said we have been wanting to go to church. Not getting into details, the conversation went on for a while but ended with this. She told me that her daughter's birthday was coming up. The one thing that her daughter asked for her birthday was for her family to go to church. As I talked to the Mom, I had to hold back the tears. What an awesome girl! To stand up for something she wants, and wants her family to enjoy and be apart of it as well. What a strong Young Women she is. It was one of those moments that makes everything worth it. I love being in Young Women. I love being able to work with these girls. I feel so blessed to have them in my life.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you wrote this down. I was so excited about it last night that I went home and immediatly told Chris. Of course he said "what's their last name, Scott and I will have to stop by and visit with this!" What a sweet girl, she really is a great example, and so are you! The girls love you and you are doing a FANTASTIC job! Love serving with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat girl, for wanting that for her family! I'm sure you are doing a wonderful job, and the Young Women are learning so much from your great example!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work Korina! The blessings of serving with the youth really do outweigh all the work and time it requires. I miss it dearly. You are changing lives. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete