Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thanksgiving!

We had a very busy Thanksgiving.  I was sworn into secretes about what time we woke but lets just say early!  Monta, Ejona and I got up way before the sun wakes up to run the half marathon at the Turkey Trot.  We decided we were NOT going to finish a hour behind so we would start early!  We had to wear head lamps on our heads!!  It was pitch black.  How the race works you run down a street for 6.55 miles then turn around.  We saw them on the other side of the road about mile 9 the early start was worth it.  Well kind of we were so tired and cold!  The first 6 miles I kept saying, "I want to go get in my bed!!"  The race was also one of the hardest half marathons I have ever done.  I started off with a stomach ache, then a side ache, then at the end not only just being plain exhausted I could feel the blisters forming! By the end I felt like I was running on nails.  We finally finished.  We took off and went and did a little Christmas shopping then home!  Got home took my shoes off I had 12 huge blisters covering my feet.  So much pain! 

My sweet husband really stepped up and did most of the Thanksgiving cooking while I soaked my feet and whined!  Gotta love him!  We ate!! The kids had to say what they were thankful for and we just ate!  Who enjoyed this holiday the most? I would say Dallin.  He just ate and ate and ate.  I taught him how to eat black olives off his fingers.  At the end of dinner Dallin walked from chair to chair getting the big serving spoons and having another bite.  This kid cracks me up. 

Gary and the kids went out and played baseball and started the Christmas decorating!  My Uncle has been in the hospital the whole month of November, so I brought him up dinner.  Then I headed to the lines!  That right I'm a crazy black shopping lady!  One year I'll have to take pictures of my loot! 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finishing the turkey trot. I saw you three toward the end. I only dis the 5k with my mom this year...Blisters are the worst too!

    ReplyDelete