Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Great Example

I know and believe one of the duties of being a mother is being a good example to your children. Lately I have realize what a great example my kids are to me. I am so blessed to have them in my life. Katelynn only being 6 with soon to be 3 smaller siblings! She has to step up and be a great example to her brother and sister. And she is a great one! She is always willing to help out and can tell when Mom needs a break. She is amazing child and I am beyond blessed to be her Mom. Today was another day that I learned a great lesson of service and charity from my 6 year old!
The journey started last year when Katelynn entered into kindergarten.

This cute little girl with a very open mind. She learned once entering into her class that three of her classmates parents were fighting cancer. One of these parents was also her music teacher who she loves. She learned later that month about Locks for Love and said, "I'm going to do that for my teacher Mrs. Camaleri(sp). She hair began to grow!
This is Katelynn with Mrs. Camaleri. Through out the year I really enjoyed doing things with Katelynn's hair. We found different hair blogs and learned tricks and spent a lot of time together figuring out different hair styles!
So after a YEAR and HALF there was finally 12inches to chop!! Were really going to do this?? Is Katelynn really ready?? And even more what about MOM?? She is so excited knowing that her hair is going to another.
We went to salon and lady asked Katelynn are you sure?? I thought she is, but what about ME!! She had no problem giving something she spent so long to grow and she really did love her long blonde hair.


It was chopped! And she of course looks cute!

I am proud of my great example. Her plan of course is to re grow it and donate it once again.


4 comments:

  1. This doesn't surprise me at all. She is such a sweet littl girl and is always willing to help. Why not give someone hair? =) Good job mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome. I have a niece who is the same age and she has done the same thing. In fact just barely at Christmas she did it for the second time. Kids can be so awesome and they dont even know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful daughter you have, Korina! and what a AWESOME mother you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the hair cut! She is a gem and so giving! She reminds me a lot of you too! :)

    ReplyDelete