Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My 3rd Grader

Did I not warn you I would loose report cards, well Katelynn's is lost!  Maybe I'll eventually find it..  Here is what I remember it saying. 
- She made all As
- Above Grade level
-Reading goal was a 100hour she got to a 130.
-She enjoys writing and enjoys writing plays.
-She needs to continue reading and write journal entries about the books she reads.


So sad I can't remember anything else.  UGH! 

They had a award ceremony a few days before school got out.  Katelynn received:  A Honor Roll, Attendance, and also a certificate and ribbon for being a peer at the CCSD Special Olympics.


Something I was not quite ready.  Is to loose my cell phone.  That is write 2nd graders text!  And Text!  As soon has homework is done, "Mom can I use your phone!"  And the texting begins.   Her friends don't have their own phones, but their Moms also let them use theirs. 

Katelynn really enjoyed this year and has loved her teacher.  This year has really been good for her.  She is such a shy girl.  Her teacher had them write and preform plays weekly.  A few time inviting other classes and grades to watch them.  He also every once in awhile had students teach part of a class.  It really brought out Katelynn confidence!  This year socially she really came out of shell, she made some great friends.  2nd grade was good to us!


I only new one teacher to request for 3rd grade, and luckily she got her!  I am little nervous I heard she is good but hard.  A lot of my friends request her, but that is also where their children gets their first Bs.  So we will see how Katelynn does.  But the teacher is really nice, I have worked with her at school events and such a sweet women.

And a little transformation
Katelynn in August!
Katelynn and her teacher in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment