Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Four

For the past few weeks Gary and I have looked at each other and mumbled the word "four." However you swing it, four is an awfully big word, when it comes to that many kids being in my house. And us being the parents to FOUR children! That is right. We are expecting or should I say, I am expecting for the point that Gary has not been sick once!!

We were going to wait and tell everyone when Gary's family came down in November, but if you did not know, I have been training for a half marathon. The Doctor said, "NO WAY are you doing a half marathon." Now my friends know me well enough to know, that I would not back off unless well I guess if I was pregnant. So, I knew we had to let the cat out of the bag.

Which comes to the next question "How do you tell people you are pregnant with number four?" People think/thought we are/were crazy enough for having three. I was sick with other three, so its not like my pregnancies are a breeze for me.

The first few weeks were not that bad at all. Then week 6 hit and man did the morning/all day sickness hit hard. I feel bad for my poor kids.


Aiden: "Every morning I wake up to Mom throwing up" As he stands by the bathroom waiting for me to get out. Or the kids slipping me cards and pictures under the door. They break my heart. The other day Aiden woke up and said "Mom I have a tummy ache." I said "I'm sorry" he replied, "I'm pregnant" I was like really are you going to have a baby? Aiden"No Mom only girls have babies." It was so funny.

Working out through this so far has not been the greatest running while you feel like you have the stomach flu. To say the least STINKS!! But I am determined to stay in shape through out this pregnancy.

We are so excited to welcome in a new baby Maynor into our home. After Girls Camp I had a feeling it was time. It normally takes us 7to 9 months to get pregnant. So I thought no worries. Plenty of time to get everything straight and where I would like it to be. But less then a month later baby number 4! We are truly blessed to be able to have children. I would not change it for the world. It may be hard at times, but I would do it again and again and again to get my wonderful beautiful spirits into our home.

I love being Mom it may not be the easiest job. And I for sure am not the best but I do love being it. I love my 3 kids and look forward to loving the 4th just as much!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to be an Auntie again! I know I told you this already but you are an amazing mom and baby #4 is very lucky! Aiden cracks me up too! I would have been rolling on the floor from laughing if William told me that. Love you guys and CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you and your family. Yes, 4 sounds like a huge number at times, but also that much more fun from another sweet baby! Bummed about the 1/2, but you'll do another one after the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You guys have done great with three so you won't have any problem with number four.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to post earlier but I was on my mom's iPad and it was confusing me! I am so excited and I'll take all the credit for you feeling ready for a child after Girls Camp, I mean really who else would have inspired you? And don't say the spirit....! :) Just Kidding. I think having kids is great and do it together so that you can enjoy them all... Well that is what I think anyways! We are so excited for you! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Four isn't so bad. It may feel overwhelming, but think about it. You already ran out of hands and you handle it just fine. =) You are not crazy to have four...just look at me, I'm on 5! I'm excited to go through pregnancy with you! We're gonna have fun once you get through the sick part of it.... YOU WILL! Every pregnancy is different so think positive, you will start to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I have to say is if you are in shape and have prepared this far YOU are the only one who can truly say if you can do the half. But if you cant you can still come even if its just to cheer everyone on. And we'll still be around after to help get you back on the ball.;) Congratulations! O and thats a great day to have him/her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with you that four seems like a ton!!! I will let you know in a few days hopefully. I am excited that we will have another Maynor child to be buddies with my fourth. The Merbacks love the Maynors, and I am certain we'll love this one too! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete