Monday, July 19, 2010

Marlo to the rescue

Katelynn-"Mom, I got gum stuck in my hair."
Mom-"Where?"
Katelynn-"Don't worry Mom I got it out"
Mom-"HOW!"
Katelynn-"I cut it out"
Mom-(trying to hide my emotions of freaking out) "What! Come here."
Mom- "Why didn't you tell me!!"
Katelynn-"You were working out and I did not want to wake up Dad."(tears started to build up)
I tried so hard to be calm. I knew she did not want to bug anyone, so she was just taking care of it herself. First thought: "I guess we won't be donating her hair." Then it went to, "Oh great, we are leaving to visit Gary's family and she is going to have a bald spot on the side of her head." Then it hit me: "OH yeah, we are also taking family photos the next day!! Great!!" I had to vent and have someone talk me back to reality, so I texted Marlo. Of course Marlo, being the great friend she is, came over to take a look and the knot in my stomach instantly left. I knew if anyone could make it look cute again it would be Marlo.




around her ear the hair is maybe an inch long.




Marlo gave her long side bangs. Bobby Pins will be our new best friend, I found some that match her hair color.


Results: Still looks cute, looked great for photos, no one in the family even noticed.
And you were so worried!! :)

3 comments:

  1. That is every mommy's worst nightmare when we have girls with beautiful hair! Thank goodness for Marlo, her hair looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling. Just before family pics a couple years ago, Jayden buzzed the front of his head, right up the middle! What was I supposed to do with that?? He used Skyler's beard trimmer so it was nearly bald. It is a good thing she has long hair to cover it up

    ReplyDelete