One year from yesterday on February 13, 2009 I quit my job to stay home with my kids. Since I did not blog back then, I thought I would just write it for journaling purposes. When Gary and I had Katelynn, Gary was still working on his bachelor degree so I continued working, and I always felt it was the right choice for our family. Then when we had Aiden for awhile I cut back my hours for about a year then I went back to working just about full time(38hrs). I really did have a job that I enjoyed. I worked for the City of Las Vegas 10years before I quit. I worked Summer Camp during the summer during High School. Then once I graduated I worked at a Safekey Site, then eventually moved myself up into the office. My sister watched our kids for awhile,then while she was pregnant with her fourth, we decided that it was time to find a real babysitter. We found a great babysitter Tammy. She lived close to us and was great. She loved our kids and was also LDS. We knew our kids would have a great sitter and experience. It was not too long after that when on July 2008 we found out we were having a baby!!(aka Maylee) We figured out that paying for 3kids was just about my whole paycheck. So we were excited for Maylee but at the same time did not know how we were going to do it. Gary decided he was going to try to get a second job. The first job he applied for he got, and everything was laid out. We have had to sacrifice and I am sure we will continue to sacrifice but I would not trade it for anything in the world.
My feeling about staying home: Well of course I do love it. I did think I was going to have tons of time to get things done, perfectly run home, organized, inshape, perfect children, and just about everything perfect. Well if you have ever been to my house you know that things did not work out that way. I feel like I have more things on my plate now. My house is only clean at night when my my kids are in bed. I am also now finally working on getting into shape. The whole organized thing ,well one thing at a time! :) My kids are perfect for our family. I really have enjoyed this year, so I let all the kids know my favorite parts about being home with each one of them.
Katelynn- I love being able to be part of a carpool. I love hearing about Katelynn's day at school. I love being able to help out in her classroom. I have loved working with her and getting to enjoy her first year of school.
Aiden- I am the opposite of a morning person. The more sleep the better. But my Aiden wakes up at the crack of dawn. "Mom its light outside." Aiden is always on the move, but early every morning, he comes into my room, curls up in bed with me, and cuddles with me. I love it. He also is so crazy in the morning he always tells crazy stories that make no sense, but are so funny.
Maylee- I have loved this year with her. She is such a sweet girl. But my favorite is Maylee has this grin that she does when she is doing something she is not supposed to and it is so cute.
But I would have to say that my ultimate favorite part probally happen tonight after I got done telling the kids what I enjoyed about staying home. Katelynn said "I like that you help me with the problems that I have." I would have to say my eyes filled up with tears.
1 week ago










hardest, most rewarding job ever. it's crazy how much you think will get done when compared to what actually DOES get done when kids are under foot messing it up all day huh!?!? great report!
ReplyDeleteI remember having the same thoughts when I came home with my kids. What makes us so busy is that we go from being pretty much uninvolved in their lives because we're at work all the time to totally involved. It is the desire to be involved that makes us so busy. Believe me, there are moms out there that stay at home and pay no attention to their children. The lord taught us to serve and I think you do it well.
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you have stayed home this year because it has given me the chance (through carpool) to get to know you all better. The Merbacks love the Maynors!
ReplyDeleteOne day I hope to be able to stay home as well! You are a great mother and it shows by how much your kids love you!
ReplyDelete