Sunday, August 24, 2014

Summer Sports

I have a rule NO SPORTS in the summer after the craziness of the year the one season off is so nice!!  



Well..  Then I got a call from a friend and she was trying to get a team of boys in our area together for a basketball team.  Aiden has really wanted to start playing basketball so I thought the perfect way for him to start.  So we signed it up, all the boys except one was in our ward.  We practiced on our side of town and traveled to Henderson league on Saturday for all the games.  It was so fun having them all play to together.  They killed every team.  Their coach started calling out names and giving them different things to do so they could keep growing.  The team is small but that was on purpose we didn't want a lot of sitting out going on!  They really did have a good group of coaches and I'm really sad its over.  Next season Aiden is playing again, but a different league and the boys have to try out and they spread them out.  All the boys except  one are playing and even more that we know, so I'm sure he will have a friend on his team. 

Coaches: Scott, Gary, and Roger
Boys:  Aiden, Ethan, Brady, Tai, Brock and Taven.
I have been really really wanting Katelynn to start swimming again. And she always wanted to do something else.  After dance she said, "I miss swim!"  I jumped on it and signed her up.  She went 3 times a week and had two swim meets across town through out the summer.  She loved and wants to keep it going!  


My only complaint is the swim meets are LONG like 3 hours long to watch you kid swim 3 times for like 40 seconds each time. 



My thoughts of summer sports they are easier because I actually have a husband home to split it with!!  I really can't say split it.  Because Gary took Katelynn to every practice and I only picked her up one time!!  Aiden I only also took him to practice a handful of times between Gary and my friend Esther taking him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment