Wednesday, November 6, 2013

New York Part 1

Last Year our friend Sarah came down to visit before moving to Conn. A few of us met at the park where Maria had this great idea we should go visit Sara.  I think we were all kind of like "Yeah that would be fun." But didn't really didn't go to deep into it.  BUT Maria did!   She found amazing deal to get us to Hartford.  So Dianne, Maria and I bought our tickets.  And just slowly but surely we just kept putting pieces together!  And really only buying for 1 person or splitting it between 4 is way cheaper then a trip for a family of 6!

So on October 24th Maria, Dianne and I left our husbands for Hartford.  This may seem like a crazy amount of pictures but for some reason some of them didn't download so this is a brief look into our trip!  (Be grateful)

We left at 10:50am Vegas time and arrived in Hartford a 10:30pm.  A long day of flying with one layover in New Jersey.  From there Sarah picked us up and we stayed the night at her house.  We arrived in the pitch black about 11:45pm.  

Friday morning I think Dianne's alarm went off like at 4am.  We knew sleep would not be on the schedule this trip! We drove into New Jersey which was so beautiful and nice, to see all the trees in full autumn bloom!

We went to our hotel getting there before 7am.  They have a storage room where you can put your luggage, but they actually had a room available so they checked us in early!  Which was very nice.

From here is when I started my first time on public transportation and all I can say is WOW!!!  It's like a huge maze.  We took the New Jersey Ferry  to the Statue of Liberty first which was amazing.  Through out this trip I think we went through about a million security checks.   We were not able to go on to Ellis Island, they are under construction, but it was still nice to see it so small and just a tiny island only about  a mile from the shore.  That's it that separated them from the United States.  


 The Statue of Liberty was amazing.  They gave us little radios so we could listen as we walked around to hear all about the Statue of Liberty.  



After the Statue of Liberty we caught to New York Ferry to New York.  We landed in a park where we walked to the 9/11 memorial.  This was probably the stop that was a must see. All the names of all those who lost their lives that day.  


We had put together schedules, maps and what subway to hit to get to a certain point.  I must say I'm happy we did all the work, because subway workers are NOT very helpful.  And our directions would say walk .4 miles North.  WHAT we don't know where we are how do we know where NORTH IS!!  And the .4 ended up being like 4 miles!  But we DID NOT GET LOST!!  Really we didn't. 

From 9/11 Memorial we rode our first Subway to Eatly!




We got Eatly and I had saw pictures from my friend Patti blog and it looked huge, but we walked up and it looked like a tiny little cafe.  But we walked in anyways AND It was huge it went on forever and had everything!   We all got a few things and just shared with each other so we could get a taste of everything

From here we walked to Highland Park which is a park built above the ground on Railroad tracks. (this  is where the pictures are missing I will figure it out and add later)  We walked the tracks and then went to dinner at a place right across the street form Broadway where the waitors sing to you.  Then we went to MY FAVORITE PART!!  WICKED!!  It was amazing and such amazing show.  The time flew by we got out of their caught their and back to New Jesery landing in our hotel at 12:30am.  To say the least we hit the beds and we were out cold!  

No comments:

Post a Comment