Friday, June 7, 2013

Camping 2013

The plan this year for Memorial Day was NOT to go camping!   We went last year and stayed in a cabin it was freezing and decided we would do it every OTHER year.  Well this last October my Uncle got really sick spent 6 months in the hospital.  I went and visited him at least once a week.  Every time I went all he talked about was this camping trip. And of course I didn't have the heart to tell him we weren't going, and to be honest I really didn't know if he was going to be able to make it.  I didn't really worry about it to much.  In December the Liver Specialist stopped seeing him, saying, "Nothing we can do, it's gone."  Telling him the likeliness he would be getting a liver was slim to none due to his health.  In March they went to the Specialist to talk about getting on the donor list.  They had to do a ultrasound and his liver came back!  He went home, I went and saw him, he was in a wheelchair went back the next week and he walked me to the door! So camping trip on!  And no way I was telling them we weren't going. So I called to reserve a cabin and they were all booked!!  :/  So we bought a 9 man tent and all the gear!  


We got up there at the windiest part of the day.  And of course everyone except my Aunt Amy was down fishing so there we were along with all the kids trying to hold down some part of the tent! 

Done! Look nice right?? ( more to come!)

That day and night all the kids played with their cousins.  Including
Katelynn's Birthday
Pinata
One of my cousin's RVs has a sound system and lights so the kids danced
turned off the lights and they used glow sticks to dance!
hiked
rappelled 
ATE!!

It started to get cold so we got into our tent and we knew it would be in the 30s at night so we were prepared!  We had a propane heater.  Well what you can't see from the picture is right  below the rain fly is the window vents.  But the rain fly doesn't quite set on the tent.  So all the cool air just blew right into our tent. And all the hot air just went right out!  WE ALL FROZE!!   SO COLD!!   We stayed the next day and fished and played with cousins but we got back from fishing and packed up and spent the next few nights in our own bed!  




Next year I will call early and we will get a cabin!  I loved growing up with all my cousins and I want my kids to be able to grow up with their kids!  And have these fun memories.  Even though their parents may not be campers! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment