Saturday, May 12, 2012

Busy Katelynn

I have to give props to you mom's who have your children in multiple activities and keep up with it all. The last few weeks Katelynn has had to be everywhere and anywhere, along with trying to keep with my other 3 kids has been adventure!

I am not sure if you remember but a few months ago I wrote about how Katelynn befriended a special needs little boy.  Well in February they asked her if she would like to be a peer at the CCSD special Olympics. They asked a few other children to go along with special needs to compete and also to help the other children.  Katelynn of course wanted to go. It was the first on May 3, 2012.   She had a great time and enjoyed herself. And it was a perk that they had practice during the school day every day and also she got to miss a whole day of school!! 

Katelynn and another one of her friends that was asked to go.  They had a great time!




Also along with this going on Katelynn and a few of her friends decided they wanted to try out for the Talent Show!! I became extremely thankful for my living room has it became the dance hall.  I really enjoyed pretending to be watching tv in the family room and looking through the doorway to see the girls dancing away!  Such cute girls!  They met on Monday for the first time and all looked at each other mmmmm what are we going to do they knew they wanted to dance.  Finally one of the girls decided to call some YW from our ward who have taken dance classes since they were 3.  And those sweet Young Women were at my house within mins!  Love those girls to take time out of their schedule to help our girls.  They cam up with a cute dance and practice M,T,and W then Thursday Katelynn had special Olympics then came back to the school and tried out for the talent show.  I went this was the second day of tryouts.  Their was a line all the way down the school, kids everywhere!!  I was like "CRAP!"  they may not make it! And the song they had was I guess a pretty popular song that day.  Those poor teachers had heard that song a billion times by the time we got in there.  The next day they found out THEY MADE IT!!  They have had practice at the school all this week along with coming over our house or another girls house all week.  Sometime next week the actual talent show is.  I will post a video when they do it for the talent show!

I know terrible picture I will get a better one at the talent show! 

No comments:

Post a Comment