Oh life is so busy! It feels like June really has been a blink of a eye. Tonight my goal was to attempt to catch up on life and do a billion blogs and have them post on different days through out the week. Gary is home tonight so he gets kid duty. I did finally download pictures step 1 completed!!
First Blog!
Our New Life
So I really want to journal about our new life. But I do not want anyone to think that I am not grateful for our children. Or that I am not happy. I could not be happier and would not want my life any other way. But we are still adjusting to our new life of a family of six.
Overwhelmed at times would be a understatement!! But man is life crazy!! It seems like I always have a kid who "NEEDS" something right now, not in 5 mins RIGHT NOW!!
Dallin and Maylee are on opposite schedules, he sleeps. But the minute I put Maylee down for a nap, guess who wakes up that's right Dallin. Then I get him to sleep then Groucho Maucho Maylee is up and whats MOM!!
Not to mention that Dallin thinks he needs to be held even when he is sleeping. And putting him down well qualifies has child abuse in his and the other children's' eyes.
And every time I do get him down. One of the other children: needs to hold him, kiss him, smother him, give him his 12th blanket, shove his pacifier in his mouth, push him in the swing, scream within a inch from him!! Oh how they love there little brother!!
My little girl Maylee has learned when mom is feeding Dallin. She can do all kinds of things!! Play with Katelynn's makeup, empty a bottle of sunscreen just about anything she wants!! GOOD TIMES, good times...!!
Even has I write this Dallin on the right side I have put him down 3 times and he has screamed at me. Maylee on my left side and feeding me imaginary food and Katelynn is yelling at me, "When are you making dinner!!(its 4pm)"
For some reason Gary and I can't get our children names right. I am always yelling at the wrong one.
I feel like when we walk into a store I have a never ending trail of children behind me. Really its only one more. How can it seem that we have doubled?
Dallin only wakes up once a night which seems so wonderful, until the one time last a hour to two hours. Not to mention the little girl that is awake by 5:30am.
Gary is off one of his jobs for the summer. He is just the best with helping out. After I feed Dallin at night he will take him downstairs, so I can get some sleep. Once September comes I am hoping kids will be better adjusted and I will have a little boy sleeping throughout the night! (a girl can hope!!)
I know it will get easier has we all adjust to our new life. I love my life even when it is beyond crazy at times.

Dallin and Maylee are on opposite schedules, he sleeps. But the minute I put Maylee down for a nap, guess who wakes up that's right Dallin. Then I get him to sleep then Groucho Maucho Maylee is up and whats MOM!!
Not to mention that Dallin thinks he needs to be held even when he is sleeping. And putting him down well qualifies has child abuse in his and the other children's' eyes.
And every time I do get him down. One of the other children: needs to hold him, kiss him, smother him, give him his 12th blanket, shove his pacifier in his mouth, push him in the swing, scream within a inch from him!! Oh how they love there little brother!!
My little girl Maylee has learned when mom is feeding Dallin. She can do all kinds of things!! Play with Katelynn's makeup, empty a bottle of sunscreen just about anything she wants!! GOOD TIMES, good times...!!
Even has I write this Dallin on the right side I have put him down 3 times and he has screamed at me. Maylee on my left side and feeding me imaginary food and Katelynn is yelling at me, "When are you making dinner!!(its 4pm)"
For some reason Gary and I can't get our children names right. I am always yelling at the wrong one.
I feel like when we walk into a store I have a never ending trail of children behind me. Really its only one more. How can it seem that we have doubled?
Dallin only wakes up once a night which seems so wonderful, until the one time last a hour to two hours. Not to mention the little girl that is awake by 5:30am.
Gary is off one of his jobs for the summer. He is just the best with helping out. After I feed Dallin at night he will take him downstairs, so I can get some sleep. Once September comes I am hoping kids will be better adjusted and I will have a little boy sleeping throughout the night! (a girl can hope!!)
I know it will get easier has we all adjust to our new life. I love my life even when it is beyond crazy at times.

And at least a crazy life makes for fun pictures! Maylee opened a brand new bottle of sunscreen and emptied it!!










Been there...just hang in there. I promise it gets better once everyone settles in and some regular schedules get set. If you need a break, know you can call me anytime!
ReplyDeleteWOW! There is always such an adjustment with a new child, but I know I'm already realizing 4 is such a big number! :) You're doing great, and I'm sure it will get better. It HAS to or else I'm in for it come September.
ReplyDelete