Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Random Blog

-First I am 20 weeks today!! YIPPEE!! I felt like I would never get here and now that I have, it really has gone by fast! I am sure I will not think that in February when everyone starts having there babies! I feel like I always get pregnant when everyone else does, but I am always the last one in that group. Then I have to get so anxious watching everyone else having there babies until finally mine pops out.

-Maylee has been now been sleeping in a big bed at night for a week and a day!! She has actually done really well. We have her in a room all by herself till she gets used to it. She yells for a few min. then gets in her bed and goes to sleep! She is still taking naps in the crib, if she can see she plays :)!

-Aiden and Katelynn have been sleeping in the other room. And most nights thanks to a reward system they are out pretty quick! The plan is crazy but when Dallin comes the older three will share a room. Then when Dallin turns 1 we will put boys in one room and girls in the other!

- Our new reward system. I stole this idea from a friend. We got a Wii for Christmas and I did not want the kids on it forever and at the same time I did not want to be the Wii Queen. So we bought some tokens on Amazon and have started a token system. It has worked really well.

How they get Tokens

living room-3 tokens
putting there own laundry away- 3 tokens
helping put other laundry away- 2 tokens
Aiden has the down stairs bathroom-5 tokens (this has made my deep clean so much easier)
Katelynn has the upstairs Bathroom-5 tokens (She actually has NOT done this once yet)
Aiden upstairs trash-3 tokens
Katelynn unloading the dishwasher- 3 tokens
Katelynn NOT crying when she goes to school-1 token (yes I pay her)
Katelynn for every 10 min of reading- 1 token
If both kids are asleep with in 20 min- 3 tokens(seriously my favorite it has worked)
Good at church-3 tokens (they get three strikes every strike they loose a token)

We can add at anytime or take away! We didn't put everything we will still want them to help out without being paid, for the fact that they live here!

Losing Tokens-
Fighting-1 token
steal tokens-ALL TOKENS! (in case curious this has not happen yet!)
crying(for no reason)-1 token
Not being nice to parents- 1 token
fits-1 token
attitude-1 token

Spending tokens!-
each token is worth .10 or 10mins.
Wii/computer-for ever 10min is 1 token
10 tokens is $1.00
5 tokens(can only be used on Friday or Holidays)- for movie night in there room

It really has worked really well so far. I feel like I am not after them all the time. If they do the work they get paid, if not they don't. I leave it in there hands. The fighting and bedtime has probably been my favorite so far! When we go to store and they want something. Instead of me being the bad guy I say that is fine, but it will cost you this many tokens. We are still trying to figure out a tithing method. Its just hard they earn tokens all day and they can get them taken away at anytime. So keeping up with how many they started with has been tough. Also, both kids are spenders BUT they always want to make sure they either have more then the other sibling or the same. So they work just to either get more or tie it up. So competitive and they both love to spend them!

2 comments:

  1. I think for the tithing maybe just keep track of when they actually spend real money. That may be easier then keeping track of ALL given.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet this has helped with the stress of raising kids too. Anytime I did reward charts it worked great for awhile and things always went smooth around the house. I loved it. Havent done it in a long time though.

    ReplyDelete