Friday, September 28, 2012

Katelynn finally found a sport!

We finally found a sport that Katelynn loves!! We have tried everything either physically hurts her (sensitive girl), emotionally hurts ( drama, coach that raise their voice the tiniest bit!) and nothing she has to tackle or be aggressive in.  IT'S swimming!!  YEAH!!! 

One of those heads is Katelynns!  We joined the swim team at the local swimming pool.  It's 6 week long, then they get 2 weeks off.  They go twice a week for a hour.  And they swim the whole hour back and fourth.  No breaks they just keep swimming.  Every day they learn a different stroke and try to get better at it.  Next week is diving.  And at the end of the 6 week period they have a swim meet with another local pool.  I love it, she finally loves something.  I think sports are so important and mostly as the kids get older.  One more thing to keep my kids away from trouble and keep them busy!   Plus swimming is work I love that she is getting that much more exercise and something she loves.  


She had to get a swim cap not her favorite part of swimming by far!  "I look bald!"
 
And best of all a few of her friends are also on the team. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for swimming! Tell her no one cares about how she looks because they are all wearing swim caps too! She looks adorable to me. I'm glad she is enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete