Friday, August 24, 2012

One last Summer Post

We have not been up to much the last week before school started. 
 
Aiden went to his friend Carter's birthday.  He had a blast.  It was actually kind of fun Carters Grandma was Katelynn Kindergarten teacher.  And her son and his wife live in our ward.  They had the party at her house.  It was nice getting to see her again.  The kids had a blast wish I would have got picture of all the kids playing on the merry go around.  It was also kind of funny to show up and look for my son.  And usually I look for the only toe head kid and know that's mine!   NOPE!  Just about 15 kids there and only one little brunette boy. 
 
 
AND  don't judge Aiden's crazy hair.  I know he really needed a haircut.  But here is the deal.  WELL we went to the pool quite a bit this summer, and Aiden is not quite tall enough.  SO I spike up his hair and what do you know he is tall enough!!  (Really not a joke)
 
 
Then the kids open house...
 
 I am excited about Aiden's teacher, but he knows no one in his class.  None of friends got the same teacher.  He walked around the whole classroom reading every desk. :(  NO ONE!  But I explained to him he had no friends when he entered kindergarten and he left with a huge group of great friends, that we hung out with all summer.  He will make more.  And he still shares a recess with all of his friends.  He really is taking is taking it well. 
And I am BEYOND excited about Katelynn's teacher!  I have only heard such great things about her.  I know she will be great for Katelynn.  We walked in, "I heard about you!"  She talked about all the stuff they were doing and the things that she had heard about Katelynn.  Katelynn is already in love and a girl who wasn't very excited yesterday, can't wait for Monday.  LOVE great teachers!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I hope Aiden has a great first day of school, and makes lots of friends! So glad Katelynn is excited! Good luck on Monday in your quite- well quieter home.
    I also love your trick for Aiden's hair. That's why Rebecca wore platform shoes to Lagoon. haha.

    ReplyDelete